With a practice focused on civil and commercial litigation, Karl Chabot navigates through different industries. Representing professional orders, franchisees, SMEs and large corporations, he acts for clients at every stage of a dispute, from the initial strategic advice to ultimately appearing before Québec’s lower courts and the Court of Appeal.
Karl Chabot also possesses significant experience in professional liability which enables him to represent, in addition to professional orders, professionals from all industries, as far as disciplinary complaints, professional liability and contractual terms are concerned. He also has a particular expertise in health law, namely in the medical, hospital and pharmaceutical sectors as well as in insurance.
Through a client-oriented approach, Karl Chabot strives to thwart any type of contentious situations. Focused on the rapid and permanent resolution of any conflict, he adopts a pragmatic and efficient method to offer sustainable and viable solutions for all his clients.
His intention of promoting the next generation of lawyers motivates his commitment to our young lawyers and articling students working at De Grandpré Chait, leading him to become the President of the Firm's Council of Associates.
- Member of the team awarded the Best Litigator Prize, Concours de plaidoirie des 24h du droit de la santé, au Centre européen d’Études et de Recherche en Droit de la Santé (CEERDS) de la Faculté de Droit de l'Université de Montpellier, France, 2017
- Participant within the organization met by the Collège des médecins du Québec (College of Physicians) as part of the "Working Group Report on Aesthetic Medicine" adopted in 2016.
- Dean’s Excellence Award, University of Ottawa, Faculty of Law, Civil Law Section, 2012-2013
- Admission scholarship based on grades, University of Ottawa, 2010
- Barreau du Québec
- Young Bar Association of Montreal
- Fondation du Centre hospitalier de l’Université de Montréal (CHUM), member of the Leaders of Tomorrow Committee
- The Advocates' Society
- “La responsabilité civile des forces policières” (“Civil Liability of Police Forces”), collaboration, booklet published in JurisClasseur du Québec - Responsabilité professionnelle, Montréal, LexisNexis, 30 pp. (2015).