With proven experience in securities law and committed to staying focused on your objectives, our lawyers offer strategic advice and solutions adapted to your public financing needs. De Grandpré Chait’s legal services feature a team of securities lawyers who work closely with their tax and real estate colleagues in order to offer a fully integrated approach. Our expertise also covers every aspect of establishing an exchange-traded Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) and exit strategies for fast-growing small and medium-sized businesses.
We cater to a clientele composed of companies operating in various industry sectors, namely in natural resources, agri-food, technology and real estate. To further protect your financial and economic situation, we also offer advice regarding the tax aspects of a stock exchange listing, and concerning compliance with securities legislation.
We assist business owners and corporations in accessing public capital markets by listing their securities on the TSX Venture Exchange or the Toronto Stock Exchange through an initial public offering, a reverse takeover or a qualifying transaction with a Capital Pool Company (CPC). We plan every financial and legal aspect of a listing on the Exchange and subsequent operations by guiding the client in all of its dealings with the investment dealers, the exchanges and the regulatory authorities, particularly in drafting prospectuses, management proxy circulars and exchange listing applications. As reporting issuers, we will assist you with all your continuous disclosure obligations under Regulation 51-102, including the drafting of the annual information form and the management proxy circular.
- Initial public offering and TSX Venture Exchange listing of several Capital Pool Companies
- Qualifying transaction of Capital L'Estérel Inc. (CPC) with iseemedia Inc.
- Qualifying transaction of Alphinat Inc. (CPC) with SurfNshop E-commerce Inc.
- Qualifying transaction of Capital Desbog Inc. (CPC) with HLT Energies Inc.
- Creation of BTB Real Estate Investment Trust (a trust under the Civil Code of Québec) and the qualifying transaction of Capital ABTB inc. (CPC) with that trust
- Qualifying transaction of Capital Wapiti inc. (CPC)
- Qualifying transaction of Capital BLF inc. (CPC)
- Reverse takeover by Xebec Adsorption Inc. of QuestAir Technologies Inc.
- Numerous public offerings by BTB Real Estate Investment Trust since 2006
- Migration of BTB Real Estate Investment Trust on the Toronto Stock Exchange in June 2012
We also act for investors or issuers in the context of private placements under applicable exemption regulations.