With over 30 years of experience in business law, including taxation, Yves Hébert has solid expertise in sales and acquisitions, corporate and fiscal restructuring, business succession planning, and venture capital financing. He has been involved in numerous local and transborder transactions for small to mid-sized businesses active in various industry sectors, such as high technology, manufacturing and retailing.
In addition, Mr. Hébert has been involved in many international venture capital financings for high-tech companies and the development of their intellectual property portfolio. He has also participated in structuring and creating a real estate investment trust (REIT).
While favouring a human, creative and multidisciplinary approach, Mr. Hébert helps business owners and their managers to fully grasp the subtleties and consequences of increasingly complex legal structures. A dedicated team player, he actively collaborates with the various parties involved in a transaction, pays attention to the client’s needs and remains focused on what is in their best interest. Mr. Hébert has also taught general taxation and corporate law for many years at the Québec Bar School.
- Represented various university hospital centres in connection with the Univalor project, a government initiative to facilitate the commercialization of the intellectual property of Québec’s universities and university hospital centres
- Negotiated the transfer of intellectual property belonging to many Québec hospital centres to Canadian research funds
- Participated in the structuring, consolidation and transfer of the Québec engineers’ retirement fund to Gestion FÉRIQUE
- Québec Bar
- Canadian Bar Association
- Association de planification fiscale et financière
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- The Canadian Council for Public-Private Partnerships
October 2011 - La nouvelle Loi sur les sociétés par actions du Québec, De Grandpré Chait Business Law Conference
October 2009 - Marketing a business and practical aspect of a business sale, De Grandpré Chait Business Law Conference
September 1999, 2000 and 2001 - Incorporation d'une entreprise, Taxation course, Association de planification fiscale et financière
May 1989 - Les droits sur les transferts de terrains et les droits municipaux sur les mutations immobilières, Seminar on Real Estate Taxation, The Canadian Institute
September 1984 - Aspect fiscal des différentes techniques de financement immobilier, Seminar on Real Estate Financing, Association de planification fiscale et financière
March 2010 - New Québec Business Corporations Act, De Grandpré Chait Newsletter